The VMware Tanzu GemFire native client provides access for C++ and Microsoft® .NET™ clients to the GemFire distributed system. It operates on platforms running Microsoft Windows, Linux (Intel), and Tanzu Application Service.
The GemFire Native Client supports applications that communicate with GemFire servers. Native Client version 10.2 works with Pivotal GemFire versions 9.0.0 and later.
The following table shows which versions of the Native Client are compatible with the various versions of the GemFire server.
|GemFire Native Client Version||GemFire Server Version|
|GemFire Native Client 10
GemFire Native Client 9.1, 9.2
|GemFire Server 9.x|
|GemFire Native Client 9.1
GemFire Native Client 8.2
|GemFire Server 8.2|
GemFire Native Client is compiled using 64-bit architectures for all operating systems. Linking with 32-bit applications is not supported.
Supported Platforms: .NET Client
|Tanzu Application Service||TAS 2.10+|
For Windows applications, a Microsoft .NET Framework must be installed to support the C++/CLI (Common Language Infrastructure) library for the native client.
The client supports .NET 4.5.2 (and newer) and Visual Studio 2017 (and newer) for compiling .NET applications on Windows. It does not support .NET Core. For more information on the features of .NET and Visual Studio Community Edition 2017, see the Visual Studio 2017 web page.
Each machine that runs a native client must meet the following requirements:
- A system clock set to the correct time and a time synchronization
service such as Network Time Protocol (NTP).
Correct time stamps permit the following activities:
- Logs that are useful for troubleshooting. Synchronized time stamps ensure that log messages from different hosts can be merged to reproduce an accurate chronological history of a distributed run.
- Aggregate product-level and application-level time statistics.
- Accurate monitoring of the system with scripts and other tools that read the system statistics and log files.
- The host name and host files are properly configured for the machine.
Tanzu Application Service supports .NET native client applications.
TAS versions 2.10 and higher include the Microsoft VS 2017 C++ Redistributable DLLs.
- TAS 2.10 or newer
- Windows Server 2016
- .NET 4.5.2 or newer
To run your cloud native .NET application on TAS:
Pivotal.GemFire.dllmust be in the
outputfolder of your .NET project.
- Rebuild your application.
- From Visual Studio, publish your application to a filesystem.
- From within the published filesystem, use
cf pushto deploy your application to TAS as you would other .NET applications.
If you plan on using SSL in your GemFire native client and server deployment, you will need to download and install OpenSSL. The GemFire native client requires OpenSSL version 1.1.1.
For Windows platforms, you can use either the regular or the OpenSSL “Light” version.
In addition, make sure that your system environment variables have been configured to include OpenSSL.